Sunday, September 9, 2012

Getting Back In

Things are moving in the general direction of prototype land. I believe I'll scale the project back a bit initially as I've still got far to much to learn to create something that will accomplish everything I'm after all in one app. 

First working version I'm going with will have a few key features to make it worth while of installing. I'm going to have the app communicating with the micro chip to drive some transistor switches/relays for interfacing the iPad with the current controls in the car. Also, relocating the alpine headunit currently installed to the glove compartment. (this will make it so I'm not reinventing the wheel with a completely custom setup up for audio) However, the plan is to be able to keep it out of site and control the volume via micro chip connected to the iPad. 

WorkStation



Macbook Pro
  • Mac OS X 10.7.4
  • QuadCore Intel i7 2.4 GHz CPU
  • 4 GB DDR3
  • Xcode 4.4.1
Desktop
  • Windows 7 Ultimate
  • QuadCore  AMD 9850 2.51 GHz
  • 4 GB DDR2
  • MPLab IDE Version 8.56
  • Pickit 2 programmer/debugger
  • 44pin demo board (PIC16F887) 
iPad
  • 16 GB wifi iPad
  • iOS 5.1.1
  • RedPark iOS serial cable
Need to find a small printer stand to move this printer off my desk to provide a bit more working room! It won't be much longer before I have wires going all over the place. Originally I wanted to run MPLab on the mac but it looks like the Pickit 2 usb device I have is not compatible with the new version on MPLab that will run on mac. 

Time to find a schematic for the Kia so I can layout a scheme for how I intend on wiring up to the controls. This will allow me to get a better idea on the route I'll take for the program for the microchip and the hardware I'll be hooking to it. 

Short PicMicro Debug Video


This is just a sample video of analog to digital conversion to display the value of the potentiometer in binary on the 8 led's that are on the demo board. This was just a test to refresh my memory on how to get around in MPLab as its been almost 3 years now.... will take some refreshing to get back to being proficient at this...







No comments:

Post a Comment