Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Phase 2

Well it is getting closer to the time to work on getting all the signals I need in and out of the iPad...
First off I'm going to need to add some wires/resistors to get the iPad to charge when it is connected to the serial cable. Then I need to tap into the audio line out... which isn't to hard... I should know I built myself a cable to plug my phone into my kia out of hacked together broken chargers... worked great for being free... ended up getting a legit cable for christmas shortly after though...

Anyways here are some pictures of inside that little beast of a cable so you can all see where I'll be attaching some wire. Something that I have noticed is the serial cable appears to not be shielded... I might look into changing this out with something that provides shielding and allows me to bundle the extra wires all together nicely and a more manage length... pretty sure I dont really need 1 whole meter of wire hanging out in the dash...  






No comments:

Post a Comment